The following basic rules apply to any and all contests being aired on ESPN TRI-CITES, WKPT Radio. Each contest may have its own special qualifications and eligibility rules. In which case a separate list of rules will be posted for public awareness and knowledge.
- All ESPN / WKPT Radio contests are open to all listeners unless otherwise specified.
- All prizes, unless otherwise specified, must be picked up within thirty (30) days from the date won between regular business hours (Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.). The WKPT Radio studios are located at 222 Commerce Street, Kingsport, TN 37660. It is always best to call ahead at (423) 246-9578. Holidays are included in the 30 day pick up period. WKPT Radio will not notify winners of time remaining on prizes to be picked up. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to claim their prize within the time limit. Winners are responsible for taxes, fees, etc. associated with the contest.
- All prizes not claimed within the 30 day period will become the property of WKPT Radio. WKPT may at it’s discretion award the prize to another listener, either in the same contest or at a later date and separate contest. Every reasonable attempt will be made to award all major prizes whether claimed by the original winner or not.
- All prizes are non-transferable by the winner, unless otherwise authorized by WKPT Radio.
- WKPT Radio is not responsible for any misdirected or wrongly addressed mail in regards to contests, including misdirected mail routing by the postal service or private delivery service.
- In case of a dispute over telephone line malfunctions, the decision of the WKPT Radio management will be final.
- In the event that two (2) telephone lines are tied together during a phone-in contest, the entire call will be disqualified and another call will be taken. WKPT Radio cannot award duplicate prizes to both parties in a tied together situation, which is a circumstance beyond our control.
- WKPT Radio may, due to availability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize for the approximate value (in dollars) of the original prize awarded.
- Only one (1) winner per family within a two (2) week period, unless otherwise specified. For CASH contests — only one winner per cash contest during each contest flight.
- Contestants may qualify only once for those contests that require qualifications, unless otherwise specified.
- Employees of Holston Valley Broadcasting and their relatives, their advertising agencies or representatives, vendors, attorneys, contractors, assigns and employees of other radio stations, participating sponsors, and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter or participate in any and all WKPT Radio contests.
- Unless otherwise specified, no prize will be mailed. All prizes must be claimed in person and signed for by the winner. Designated winner representatives will be allowed to claim prizes only if WKPT Radio is informed in writing and by telephone that such a representative will be picking up their prize, and they have been given power of attorney to sign a prize release for the winner.
- Holston Valley Broadcasting , their agencies, sponsors, employees and representatives absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any WKPT Radio contest or the prize awarded in the contest.
- All contestants entries become the property of WKPT Radio. WKPT may retain any or all contest materials for any reason that the station’s management deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or for reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising.
- Unless otherwise stated, any contest conducted at a facility where a paid admission is required may be entered at the WKPT Radio studio prior to the event, or through a station representative at the event, without any paid consideration to enter the event. WKPT Radio must be notified by telephone, or in writing, 24 hours prior to such a contest/event, to facilitate staffing for such purposes.
- Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries by the same person or family will be discarded and be deemed by the station management as cause for disqualification.
- Contests conducted at facilities with an age requirement of 21 years and over, shall exclude participants who cannot prove they meet this requirement.
- Contestants who have won contest prizes valued at $50.00 or more in the past 60 days and contestants who have won prizes valued at $500.00 or more from WKPT Radio within the past year are not eligible for any contest.
- Winner and other participants consent to the use of their name and/or likeness for publicity purposes in connection with the contest without prior approval or compensation by WKPT Radio and all contest sponsors.
- Holston Valley Broadcasting does not assume any liability for the use of the prize by providing the prize.
- By participation, entrants agree to these rules. Anyone disputing these rules may be disqualified by WKPT Radio. WKPT reserves the right to change these rules at any time.
Any questions regarding our ESPN format should be addressed to the ESPN Tri-Cities Program Director, Scott Onks.
ESPN TriCities / WKPT Radio
222 Commerce Street
Kingsport, TN 37660
Copyright 2020 Holston Valley Broadcasting Incorporated and its licensors. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.