To help us all get through this Sports Withdraw,
ESPN Tri-Cities and the Vol Network are featuring a weekly series rebroadcasting classic University of Tennessee football and basketball games!
This week on the “Vol Network Classics” series – the rebroadcast of the 1998 Tennessee vs. Florida football game from September 19, 1998 in Knoxville. It all starts at 12 Noon this Saturday with the one and only John Ward on ESPN Tri-Cities!
- * #6 Tennessee defeated #2 Florida 20-17 in overtime at Neyland Stadium in Knoxville on September 19, 1998
- * UT placekicker Jeff Hall kicked a field goal in the overtime and Florida missed its field goal attempt that would have sent the game to a second overtime
- * It was Tennessee’s first overtime game and the win set off a wild celebration that resulted in both goal posts being torn down
- * Tennessee linebacker Al Wilson caused three fumbles in the game was named the Player of the Game
- * The win was key game in Tennessee’s 1998 National Championship title run
As a tribute to Coach Johnny Majors who passed away this week, next week’s rebroadcast of Vol Network Classics will be the 1991 Tennessee at Notre Dame football game – “The Miracle at South Bend” – and dedicated in his honor!